Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is such a easy healthy low fat vegetable side dish that is very tasty. You could use french beans as well. Cooking time will vary with which method you cook with.
- 300 g butter beans
- 200 g sugar snap peas
- 29.58 ml drained tiny capers (chopped if you only have large)
- 60 ml lemon juice
- 29.58 ml coarsely chopped fresh dill
- You can boil, steam or microwave the beans and peas separately until they are just tender, then drain them.
- Heat a non stick pan that has been sprayed with olive oil and cook the capers, stirring them until they are lightly browned.
- Add the lemon juice, peas and beans and stir until vegetables are hot.
- Stir in the dill.
What a great combination of vegetables fresh from the garden; soft beans and crunchy peas. I subbed basil for the dill and probably cut back on the lemon juice a bit.
Very nice combination of flavours. I made the recipe as written, but added freshly ground black pepper and some fried pancetta cubes. Thanks Latchy.