Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a colourful crunchy salad that sets the tastebuds tingling, but keeps the 'fat' account looking lean!
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 8 baby tomatoes
- 2 oranges
- 2 slices pineapple
- 1 mango, ripe
- 6 apricots
- 1 peach
- 1 apple
- 6 lettuce leaves, shredded
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon peppercorn, freshly ground
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- Cut the baby tomatoes into two.
- Peel the oranges, separate the segments, remove the pips and slice them.
- Cube the pineapple slices.
- Peel mango, cut into cubes.
- Soak apricots in warm water for few hours, if dry, or else, wash and use as such.
- Cut apple and peaches into cubes.
- Put all the above in a salad bowl.
- Add lettuce leaves, baby tomatoes and bean sprouts.
- Prepare the dressing by mixing together olive oil, vinegar, salt, peppercorns and fresh orange juice.
- Just before serving, add the dressing to the bean sprouts and fruit mixture.