Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
Great make ahead dish
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (12 ounce) jarmild green chili salsa
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 small onion
- 1 can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups Mexican blend cheese
- 1 package 6-inch tortillas
- *spray13x9 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray Whisk soup and 1/2 to 2/3 soup can of water in a bowl until smooth.
- Stir in salsa adn 1/4 cup of cilantro and 1/2 of the onion In a large bowl mix beans, 1 cup cheese, 1 cup sauce, and remaining cilantro and onion.
- Wrap tortillas in dampened paper towels and microwave on high 2 to 3 min.
- until hot and pliable.
- Keep wrapped until ready to use.
- Working with 1 warm tortilla at a time, spoon 1/3 cup bean mixture down the center of the tortilla; roll up and place seam side down in the prepared baking dish.
- If going to cook later, cover enchiladas with fresh damp paper towels; cover dish tightly with foil.
- Refridgerate dish, sauce, and rest of cheese for up to two days.
- Heat oven to 350.
- Uncover baking dish; pour sauce over top of enchiladas; Cover baking dish loosely with foil Bake 30 min.
- ;uncover, sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake 20 min.
- longer or until sauce bubbles around edges and cheese has melted.
Great dish! I'm making it for the second time tonight. Not extremely fond of the chicken soup in it, but overall, very tastey.
Excellent, easy recipe. Nice for a vegetarian meal or as a side with a Mexican meat dish. Thank you for posting.