Recipe by Chris in Georgia
Easy and delicious...this dip is always the 1st to go at parties. If you have any leftover just add chicken or steak (maybe a little salsa) with a flour tortilla and you have a great tasting burrito!
Top Review by Yankee Girl in Latham, NY, USA
I've made this a few times and it's always a big hit at parties. People love it and I always get asked for the recipe so I direct them to Food.com with the recipe #.
- 16 ounces refried beans
- 15 ounces pinto beans
- 1 cup sour cream (more or less according to taste)
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese (again, depends on taste)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 10 ounces Rotel tomatoes & chilies (I prefer hot)
- 1⁄2 cup canned jalapeno slices (optional)
- corn chips or tortilla chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix refried beans, pinto beans, Rotel tomato's, cheese (I leave a little cheese to add to the top before I bake) and place in an 8x8 baking dish.
- Bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes ot until heated thru.
- After cooling slightly, put a layer of sour cream (depending on taste, I like a little thicker layer myself) followed by the chopped onion and if you choose, the jalapeno's (I put the jalapeno's on top so people can eat around them if they want).
- Serve with dip size Fritos or Tortilla chips.
- (I have used this same recipe with flour tortillas for simple bean burritos at a childs birthday party. I just used mild Rotel and nixed the jalapeno's).