Recipe by Molidol
This is by no means a low fat dish, but it does make for some great comfort food. It’s one of my DH favorites.
- 6 slices bacon (cut up)
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3 cups milk
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled & diced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed dried thyme
- 22 ounces baked beans (homemade preferred)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook bacon and onion in a saucepan until bacon is lightly browned and onion is tender.
- Blend in flour.
- Add milk: cook and stir until bubbly.
- Dice potatoes; add with thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Cover and simmer 12 to 15 minutes or until the potatoes are done.
- Stir in beans and heat through.