1/1 Photo of Bc Ferries Manhattan Clam Chowder
1 hr 5 mins
Bridge Street Cafe's Note:
This is from a free recipe card that they used to give out on the BC ferries. It is a tomato based chowder and is very good. The recipe calls for clam nectar but the recipe zaar software changes it to clam juice. I'm pretty sure it's the same but you never know.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 slices diced bacon or 1/4 cup diced salt pork
- 1/4 cup diced celery
- 1/3 cup diced onion
- 1/4 cup diced green pepper
- 1/4 cup diced carrot
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups clam juice
- 2/3 cup diced potato
- 1 (14 ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 (8 ounce) can baby clams, -undrained
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 dash thyme
- salt and pepper
- 1In a large saucepan, over medium heat, saute bacon or salt pork until light brown.
- 2Add celery, onions green pepper and carrots and cook until tender.
- 3Blend in flour and simmer 5 minute Stir in clam juice and potatoes; simmer 15 minute.
- 4Add tomatoes, tomato paste, and baby clams and cook an additional 10 minute.
- 5Season with thyme, worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bc Ferries Manhattan Clam Chowder
Serving Size: 1 (244 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 185.7
- Calories from Fat 68
- Total Fat 7.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 23.7 mg
- Sodium 519.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 9.0 g