1/2 Photos of BBQ'd Panko Mozzarella Stuffed Portabellas
The balsamic marinade that you paint on these mushrooms adds another dimension of flavor. The stuffing isquick & easy to make.. Have these as appetizers, brunch side dish, for lunch or a dinner party. Great on a buffet table too. This recipe is adapted from one that was in the July 06 Bon Appetit magazine. These mushrooms may also be baked 20 minutes at 350F
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced, divided
- 6 large portabella mushrooms, gills removed
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 1/4 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1Whisk oil, 2 tbsp vinegar & 1 garlic clove together.
- 2Place the cleaned mushrooms (gills removed) on a rimmed baking sheet and brush both sides with the oil/vinegar/garlic.Placing them hollow side up.
- 3Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes,.
- 4Preheat BBQ - medium heat.
- 5Mix Panko, Mozzarella, Parmesan, green onions, 2 cloves garlic, oregano & hyime.
- 6Drizzle with melted butter and remaining tsp of balsamic vinegar.
- 7Divide panko mixture between the 6 caps, packing down slightly, leaving a 1.2" borfer around the edges.
- 8Place on the grill.
- 9BBQ cover closed until the cheese has melted and the juices are bubbly.
- 10Shift them around so they cook evenly, you may even move them so they are not directly over the heat source.
- 11takes apprx 6 minutes.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for BBQ'd Panko Mozzarella Stuffed Portabellas
Serving Size: 1 (164 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 353.3
- Calories from Fat 230
- Total Fat 25.5 g
- Saturated Fat 10.8 g
- Cholesterol 46.1 mg
- Sodium 483.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 12.8 g