Recipe by Bergy
Perfect to have a loaf of BBQ bread with that special BBQ
Top Review by Dine & Dish
Bergy, This was fantastic bread! I had a leftover loaf of Marie's French loaf bread in my freezer. I took it out, let it thaw and then added all the yummy ingredients! This makes a lot of butter mixture and could probably do 2 loaves easily. My whole family loved it! Thanks!
- 1⁄2 lb butter, softened
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons mixed herbs (oregano,thyme, basil, marjoram or dill or 6tbsp dried mixed herbs, your choice of favorites)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 (1 lb) loaf French bread or 1 (1 lb) loaf sourdough bread
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all the ingredients.
- Slash the bread almost to the bottom but not quite into 1" slices.
- Spread the butter between the slices.
- Press the loaf closed and wrap tightly in foil.
- BBQ apprx 6' above the heat source for 25 minutes, approximately turn several times while cooking For the other breads just follow base instructions.