Recipe by ElizabethKnicely
This is similar to the pizza available at the California Pizza Kitchen. It's great and really different from your traditional pizza.
- 2 prepared pizza crust (your own or purchased tube or crust)
- 20 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 cups gouda cheese
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 small red onion, sliced into rings
- 4 tablespoons cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- One hour before baking the pizzas, start preheating the oven to 500ºF. Coat chicken with 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce.
- Set aside in the refrigerator.
- Prepare dough into pizza shape.
- Precook if needed.
- Spread remainder of barbecue sauce over the surface of the dough.
- Spread cheese over the pizza.
- Place the onion rings over the chicken pieces.
- Place the pizza in the oven (on top of pizza stone if available or on pan).
- Bake until crust in crispy and cheese is bubbling (8-10 minutes).
- Remove pizzas from the oven and sprinkle each with 1/2 ofthe cilantro.