Prep 1 hr
Cook 10 mins
This is one of my SO's favorite pizza. and its definatly a mouthwatering favorite. Note:: There is approx 1.5 hrs of passive time
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 10 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 cups gouda cheese
- 1⁄4 small red onion, sliced into rings
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- To make the dough
- In a small bowl, dissolve the honey in the warm water.
- Sprinkle the yeast over the water and stir until it dissolves.
- Let the yeast mixture stand for 5 minutes, until a layer of foam forms on the surface.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour and the salt.
- Make a well in the center of the flour mixture and pour the olive oil and the yeast mixture.
- Stir the flour into the wet ingredients, until all the flour is incorporated. If its too dry, add more water.
- On a lightly floured surface, knead the dough for 15 minutes, until it is smooth and elastic.
- Shape the dough into a ball and put in in a well-oiled bowl. Cover with a moist towel and let rise in a warm place until double in bulk (about 1 1/2 hours).
- One hour before baking the pizzas, start preheating the oven with pizza stones inside at 500 degrees F.
- ( i have used just a pizza pan an preheated just 20 minutes with great results)
- For the Chicken
- In a large frying pan, heat the olive oil on medium high heat.
- add chicken pieces. saute until cooked (6 minutes). Chill.
- Coat chicken with 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce.
- Set aside in the refrigerator.
- For the Pizza
- Punch the dough down, and divide into 4 equal portions.
- Roll out each portion into an 6-8 inch flat circle. Spread 1/4 cup barbecue sauce over the surface of the dough.
- Distribute 1/4 of the cheese over the sauce. Distribute 1/4 of the chicken over the cheese.
- Place half of the onion rings( i normally just dice the onions ) over the chicken pieces.
- Place the pizza in the oven (on top of pizza stones). Bake until crust is crispy and cheese is bubbling (8-10 minutes).
- Remove pizzas from the oven and sprinkle each with cilantro.
Pizza...did someone say pizza? Here's to more pizza in my life and more cheese! How romantic. Made for PAC Fall 2011.