Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a quick and easy casserole that everyone loves.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 small onion
- 16 ounces pork and beans
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 -6 refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Brown onion and ground beef, drain.
- Stir in salt, pork and beans, BBQ sauce, ketchup and brown sugar.
- Heat until bubbly.
- Pour into a 2 qt casserole.
- Sprinkle with cheese and cover with biscuit.
- Bake for 25 - 30 minutes.
This was quick and simple and my husband enjoyed it. I used Grands biscuits and decreased the cooking time by a few minutes so the biscuits would not burn. I will make this again.
This was such a yummy casserole. It was very easy to make. I did not care for the cheese on top, but that is no big deal to leave off. I have been sharing this recipe with everyone. YUM!! YUM!! YUM!!
Loved this casserole! I used Bush's Homestyle beans, Spicy Honey barbecue sauce, and Pillsbury Buttermilk biscuits. Didnt have mozzarella cheese on hand so I used colby jack shredded cheese. The biscuits are a nice topper for this casserole. Thank you amyd31474 for a great supper!