Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This goes great with boiled and roasted meats and bratwurst. Use leftovers in your next Reuben!
- 16 ounces sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup apple, peeled and chopped
- 10 juniper berries, cracked
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Place ingredients in a large saucepan and simmer until onions are soft, about 30 to 45 minutes.
Juniper is a fav of mine! If you don`t have the berries add a touch og good gin to the mix. ;) I did simmer for an hour. Served with Hot Dogs and Sauerkraut. Thanks for the good eats. Made for ZWT 6
Shop in advance for juniper berries, they're not common. Apple and onion in sauerkraut, along with the juniper, makes for a complex and delightful flavor. Made for Zaar World Tour 6, Voracious Vagabonds.