Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I've made this and given it at Christmas gifts to coffee lovers on my list. It's easy to make! Give a festive mug with a bag of this for a cup of cheer! :)
- 3⁄4 cup non-dairy coffee creamer
- 1⁄2 cup dutch process cocoa
- 3⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Combine all ingredients in a container with a tight-fitting lid.
- Shake well to blend.
- Store in airtight container.
- To make Bavarian Mint Coffee: In a mug, combine 2 TBSP of creamer with 6 oz coffee.
I did a test run of the recipe as written as I plan to include it in my Xmas goody baskets. I felt that the cocoa taste was too much and the mint wasn't quite enough. So I played with it on the second batch. I ended up with 1 C non-dairy creamer, 1 C confectioner's sugar and 1 tsp peppermint but left the cocoa the same. For me, that was better. All in all a really nice recipe for gift giving. It smells wonderful too.
PICK YOUR CHEF DEC 2003! I made a small batch of this to try before using it for gifts. It's good (perfect amount of mint), but I think I would like it a little sweeter with a little less cocoa. The cocoa overpowered the coffee a little. I may play around with this and add more of the sugar and creamer and less cocoa. Thanks for sharing....now I have a base recipe to mess around with!
Yum-Yum! Not overly sweet with a rich chocolate flavor. This will be going into Christmas Baskets for sure! Wish you were still with us so I could tell you how much I enjoyed your recipe.