I got this recipe from my niece. It's the best by far!!!!!
Make and share this Bavarian Apple Cheesecake recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups peeled cored, and sliced cooking apples (such as Golder Delicious or Granny Smith)
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds
- In a medium mixer bowl beat the first 1/3 cup sugar, butter or shortening, and 1/4 tsp vanilla on medium speed of
- electric mixer till combined.
- Blend in flour and salt till crumbly.
- Pat onto the bottom of a 9" springfor pan.
- Set aside.
- Place apple slices in a single layer in a shallow baking pan. Cover w/foil.
- Bake in a 400 degree over for 15
- Meanwhile, for filling, in a large mixer bowl beat the cream cheese, the 1/2 cup sugar and the 1/2 tsp vanilla with an electric mixer till fluffy.
- Add the eggs all at once, beating on low speed just till combined.
- Pour into dough-lined pan.
- Arrange warm apples slices atop
- Combine the remaining 1/3 cup sugar and
- Sprinkle filling with the sugar mixture and the almonds.
- Bake in a 400 degree oven for 40 minutes or till golden.
- Remove sides and place cake on serving
- Cover; chill for 4 to 24 hours before serving.
This is an incredible recipe!! It is in one of my favorite Better Homes & Gardens cookbooks! Always a hit when I make it! Thanks for posting it for all to see!
This was a big hit at our get-together, everyone loved it. Thanks very much for posting this!