Recipe by ladygwyn
From Better homes recipe cards. This is a very basic recipe. You can tweak it however you like. **NOTE the times are estimated as the recipe doesn't give a total cooking time, and I have never done this one myself
- 1 (4 1/2 lb) cut up broiler-fryer chickens
- 1 cup pancake mix
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup water
- cooking oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan covered, simmer chicken with enough salted water to cover for 20 minutes.
- In a bowl combine pancake mix and salt.
- Stir in 3/4 cup water.
- beat 2 minutes.
- Dip chicken pieces in batter, draining off excess batter.
- In a heavy skillet that's at least 3 inches deep, heat 11/4 inches oil to 350.
- Regulate the heat of the oil so that chicken fries at about 325.
- Fry a few pieces at a time for about 5 minutes or until chicken is golden and tender.
- Drain well.
- Keep fried pieces warm until rest are done.