Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This was a poor lonely recipe up for adoption, I haven't tried it yet...
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chuck, Ground
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs, Dry
- 2 tablespoons beer or 2 tablespoons apple juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 cups salad oil
- 1⁄2 cup butter, Do NOT Use Margarine
- 1 cup biscuit mix
- 1⁄2 cup beer or 1⁄2 cup apple juice
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise or 1⁄2 cup salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons mustard, Prepared
- 1 tablespoon onion, Finely Chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon horseradish
- 1⁄8 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Mix the meat, egg, bread crumbs, beer and garlic salt.
- Shape the mixture into 3/4-inch balls.
- Prepare the frothy batter.
- Heat the oil and butter in a metal fondue pot to 375 degrees F.
- Spear the meatballs with a fondue fork, dip into the batter and cook in the hot oil to the desired doneness, about 2 minutes.
- Serve with both sauces.
- NOTE: These meatballs can also be cooked without the batter.
- FROTHY BATTER: Mix all of the ingredients with a fork. (Batter will be slightly lumpy.) MUSTARD SAUCE AND HORSERADISH SAUCE: Mix all the ingredients together and refrigerate until serving time.
The butter & oil (I used butter, not margarine) almost "boiled" over & out of the fondue pot. We had to dump it out & start over with just oil. The batter was tasteless.