1/4 Photos of Batter Dipped Deep Fried Cauliflower
Great appetizer or snack. The breading is not to heavy. The only time I've seen guys eat cauliflower during a football game is when it's this recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 head cauliflower, washed and broken into bite-size flowerets
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1 dash cayenne pepper (use more if you like spicy stuff)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- oil (for deep frying)
- 1Preheat fryer oil to 375.
- 2Place the beaten eggs, milk and salt in a shallow bowl (or a large baggie).
- 3In a seperate shallow bowl (or another large baggie), mix together flour, cheese, garlic powder, thyme, oregano, paprika, cayenne, and pepper.
- 4Place flowerets into egg mixture and toss (or shake baggie) to coat well.
- 5Remove and plce into flour mixture and toss (or shake baggie) to coat well.
- 6Fry in batches for 4 - 6 minutes or until golden brown.
- 7Drain on paper towels and lightly salt.
- 8*Serve w/ dipping sauces such as marinara, ranch or blue cheese.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Batter Dipped Deep Fried Cauliflower
Serving Size: 1 (151 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 172.5
- Calories from Fat 24
- Total Fat 2.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 63.8 mg
- Sodium 177.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 7.9 g