Great appetizer or snack. The breading is not to heavy. The only time I've seen guys eat cauliflower during a football game is when it's this recipe.
- 1 head cauliflower, washed and broken into bite-size flowerets
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons shredded parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika
- 1 dash cayenne pepper (use more if you like spicy stuff)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- oil (for deep frying)
- Preheat fryer oil to 375.
- Place the beaten eggs, milk and salt in a shallow bowl (or a large baggie).
- In a seperate shallow bowl (or another large baggie), mix together flour, cheese, garlic powder, thyme, oregano, paprika, cayenne, and pepper.
- Place flowerets into egg mixture and toss (or shake baggie) to coat well.
- Remove and plce into flour mixture and toss (or shake baggie) to coat well.
- Fry in batches for 4 - 6 minutes or until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels and lightly salt.
- *Serve w/ dipping sauces such as marinara, ranch or blue cheese.