Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 mins
Great appetizer or snack. The breading is not to heavy. The only time I've seen guys eat cauliflower during a football game is when it's this recipe.
- 1 head cauliflower, washed and broken into bite-size flowerets
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons shredded parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika
- 1 dash cayenne pepper (use more if you like spicy stuff)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- oil (for deep frying)
- Preheat fryer oil to 375.
- Place the beaten eggs, milk and salt in a shallow bowl (or a large baggie).
- In a seperate shallow bowl (or another large baggie), mix together flour, cheese, garlic powder, thyme, oregano, paprika, cayenne, and pepper.
- Place flowerets into egg mixture and toss (or shake baggie) to coat well.
- Remove and plce into flour mixture and toss (or shake baggie) to coat well.
- Fry in batches for 4 - 6 minutes or until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels and lightly salt.
- *Serve w/ dipping sauces such as marinara, ranch or blue cheese.
Sooooo good! The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars was that the temp seemed a bit too high for the cook time, when we do this again (which will be very soon) we'll try 350 and make sure to use bigger pieces. Some of mine were too small and the cauliflower pretty much disappeared (which made for little pieces of very tasty deep fried batter, danger :) . Thanks for sharing a perfect combination of flavors and for getting my 5 year old to eat cauliflower!
This is a GREAT recipe! We were doing the cauliflower with chicken wings and dipped the last half dozen wings in the egg and powder and deep fried them. OUTSTANDING!!! Great for both.
Fantastic, even kids who don't like cauliflower ate heaps. I didn't have all the herbs but used what I had, will be doing this recipe loads. I tried to serve this with roast lamb, well what was left as they were all eating it up as I was serving, a huge hit and also a great finger food.