Colonel Sanders’ French Fried Parsnips or Cauliflower
- Ready In:
- 4 parsnips or 1 head cauliflower
- 1 egg yolk, beaten fluffily
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1⁄3 teaspoons white pepper
- 3⁄4 teaspoon Accent seasoning
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 quarts water
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Mix the batter ingredients well.
- Mix the seasoned flour well.
- Cut parsnips into strips or cauliflower into medium flowerets.
- Parboil parsnips or cauliflower in 2 quarts water with 1 tablespoon salt and 1 tablespoon sugar just until fork tender.
- Dip in batter.
- Roll in flour mixture.
- Fry in 375°F hot deep fat until golden.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!