Deep Fried French Toast
photo by Kyle B.
- Ready In:
- Mix dry ingredients first,then add Milk and Eggs.
- Beat all ingredients well.
- Cut Bread in half.
- Dip Bread into batter and fry in 1/2 inch oil ultil light brown.
- My personal preference is using Hawaian Bread in lieu of regular white Bread, really sweet, but has a great flavor, a very nice change from the same ol same ol. I also love to sprinkle cinnamon on the dipped Bread just before frying, my family loves cinnamon on our French Toast.
- You could also sprinkle some Powdered sugar on top when ready to serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This has been our New Year's Day morning tradition for over 10 years now. I came by this morning just to print a new copy of the recipe since my original is getting pretty ragged. Everyone loves this ! We've served anywhere from 3 to 15 people on New Year's Day over the years and always get rave reviews...it also is one sure way to get the kids home for the holiday, as they hate to miss our annual meal. If you haven't tried this yet, treat yourself!