Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I came up with this version of a Cappuccino Blast after I visited a Baskin-Robbins with my cousin and ended up waiting in line for almost a half-hour. I will never do that again! This way saves time, money and aggravation. It tastes exactly like the real thing, I promise! :) P.S. For a mocha-flavored version, add 2 tablespoons of chocolate syrup to the recipe and prepare as described.
- 1 cup brewed coffee
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup vanilla ice cream
- 2 cups crushed ice or 2 cups ice cubes
- whipped cream
- Combine the coffee, milk and sugar in a blender.
- and mix on medium speed for 15 seconds to dissolve.
- Add ice cream and ice then blend on high speed.
- until smooth and creamy.
- Pour drink into two 16-oz.
- If desired, add whipped cream to the top of each drink followed by a sprinkle of cinnamon.
- Makes 2 large drinks.
Actually i believe the reason the flavor may be a bit off is because they use Coffee flavored ice cream instead of vanilla. but this recipe is still good nonetheless and I enjoyed it.
I added 2 teaspoons dry coffee crystals to 1/2 cup of coffee and boiled it for 2 minutes before proceeding with recipe. Baskin Robbins' Blast has a stronger coffee taste to it. The recipe is perfect. Thanks!
I thought this was really good, as a cappucion blast-aholic though I still didn't think it tasted like the real thing. Maybe a suggestion for what kind of coffee-esspresso-french roast-columbian? Still good though!