Prep 24 hrs
Cook 0 mins
This is great added to soups or even to pasta dishes.
- Wash and dry the basil leaves and combine with about a third of the vodka in a small bowl.
- Use a wooden spoon to stir and bruise the leaves to release their natural oils and flavor.
- Add this mixture to the remainder of the vodka and store in an airtight container for about 24-48 hours in a dark, dry place.
- Stir or shake several times to circulate the leaves.
- Strain through cheesecloth into a bottle and store, ready for use.