Recipe by daisygrl64
Moist tender pork chops, cooked in a fresh vegetable sauce. Great served over top rice or egg noodles. From Land-o-Lakes Cookbook.
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 teaspoon fresh garlic, minced
- 8 pork chops (each about 1/2in thick)
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 medium onion, sliced into rings
- 1 medium green pepper, sliced into rings
Directions See How It's Made
- in a dutch oven melt butter until sizzling, stir in garlic.
- add 4 chops, brown on both sides, remove from pan and repeat with remaining pork chops.
- return all pork chops to pan, stir in tomatoes, basil, salt and pepper.
- cover and cook over med heat stirring occasionally until pork chops are fork tender.
- remove pork chops and keep warm.
- in a bowl stir together water and cornstarch, stir cornstarch mixture into hot cooking liquid in dutch oven, add onion and green pepper.
- cook over med-high heat stirring until thickened and vegetables are crispy tender.
- serve sauce over pork chop.