Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
We love basil! We love spinach! Great Salad!
Make and share this Basil Spinach Salad With Walnut Dressing recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, lightly toasted
- 3⁄4 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper
- 1 lb spinach, stemmed and torn into pieces
- 1 cup packed basil leaves, stemmed and chopped
- 4 -6 ounces parmesan cheese or 4 -6 ounces asiago cheese, shaved with vegetable peeler
- Place toasted walnuts and lemon juice in food processor and puree. Add oil and vinegar slowly through feed tube and blend until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Combine spinach and basil in salad bowl. Add dressing (thinned with a small amount of water if required) to taste. Place greens on plates and garnish with cheese shavings.