Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
A wonderfully easy pasta dish!!
- 16 ounces penne pasta
- 3 ounces pancetta, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (26 ounce) jar marinara sauce
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half cream
- 3⁄4 cup torn basil leaves, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Cook Penne as directed, drain and return to pot.
- While Pasta cooks, heat pancetta in large skillet over medium heat for 6 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove pancetta from skillet and set aside. Heat oil in same skillet; saute garlic for 30 seconds.
- Stir in Marinara and wine; bring to boil. Simmer 4 minutes over low heat. Remove from heat; stir in half and half, then 1/2 cup basil, salt and pepper.
- Add sauce to Penne; toss. Transfer into platter and top with pancetta and remaining basil.
This was super easy and really good. for taste I would give four stars, but it is so darn easy that I have to go with five. One change, I used regular bacon instead of pancetta because it was what I had on hand. Will make this on busy nights. We really enjoyed it! Thanks!
I made this last night. It was very, very good. My husband loved it - it's a keeper!
off the barilla pasta boxes, very good...i bread and saute chicken seperately then add in at the end