- 1 1⁄2 cups basil leaves, fresh, firmly packed and finely chopped
- 1 3⁄4 cups water
- 3 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 (3 ounce) package dry pectin
Directions See How It's Made
- Place basil in pan, add water, and bring to boil, then remove from heat and set aside (covered) for 15 minutes to steep.
- Strain liquid into a 2 cup glass measure. Add water to measure 1¾ cup if necessary.
- Return liquid to saucepan.
- Stir in pectin and lemon juice.
- Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Add sugar and bring to a full rolling boil that cannot be stirred down.
- Boil for 1 minute.
- Pour into hot, sterile jars and seal.