Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is being posted for ZWT 2006 (Italian region). Frittatas are simply omelettes and this is a wonderful example of one. I love fresh basil and grow it every year and this is a great showcase for it. You can also add a little bit of Mozzarella cheese to this one to get that yummy stringy cheese thing going.
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled, cooked And mashed well
- 1 onion, Chopped
- 59.16 ml butter
- 4 eggs
- salt & pepper
- 118.29 ml diced prosciutto or 118.29 ml cooked ham
- 118.29 ml thinly sliced basil
- 118.29 ml freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 78.07 ml mozzarella cheese (optional)
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the butter in a skillet, and cook the onions until they are golden and soft.
- Add this mixture to the potatoes; add in the ham and mix well.
- Beat the eggs together, and then pour this mixture into the bowl with the potatoes; season with salt and pepper, add in the cheese and basil and mix well.
- Heat the remaining butter in a nonstick skillet on medium; once it is foaming, add the potato egg mixture into the pan.
- Turn the heat to low and once the eggs have set, and the only remaining moistness is in the center, place the skillet under the broiler until the top is set and golden.
Fantastic frittata Janet;we really enjoyed it.I didn't mash the potatoes,I cubed them; thanks for sharing. Rita