Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Posting for ZWT5. This looks like a good breakfast recipe. I got it from New Zealand Herald website. I think the recipe is by Donna Hay
- 8 slices bacon, trimmed
- 250 g cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- sea salt, to taste
- cracked black pepper, to taste
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup cream
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 1⁄2 cup basil leaves, chopped
- 20 g butter
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- Preheat oven to 220°C Place the bacon on a baking tray and cook for 12-15 minutes or until crisp.
- Place the tomatoes on a baking tray, drizzle with the oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper and roast for 5 minutes or until the skins just split.
- Set aside and keep warm. Place the eggs, cream, parmesan, basil, salt and pepper in a bowl and whisk until well combined.
- Heat the butter in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Dip the bread in the egg mixture and cook, in batches, for 2 minutes each side or until golden.
- Serve with the bacon and roasted tomatoes.
What a great dish. My mother and I enjoyed this for lunch one afternoon and what a lovely treat it was, we were thrilled. We knew that it would be good but it was absolutely outstanding. I highly recommend that you serve this to those special in your life, they will not be disappointed. The french toast is savory, creamy and utterly delish. The salty fried bacon and the sweet, freshly roasted tomatoes are the perfect side dishes for the french toast. Thank you so much for sharing, I will be making this again soon.