Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe is posted by request. Original recipe from "The Rodale Food Center".
Make and share this Basil and Garlic Wine Vinegar recipe from Food.com.
- In a 4 quart stainless or enamel pot crush the basil leaves.
- Add the cider vinegar.
- Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Remove from heat and add the cloves of garlic.
- Cover or place in a sterile container-again covered.
- Let stand two weeks.
- Strain vinegar into another sterile container and add the 1 cup basil.
- Let stand another week.
- Strain and add the red wine vinegar and water.
- Sterilize 3 1-quart jars-or as many pint jar/half pint jar combo's as you wish.
- Chop remaining basil and divide between choosen bottles.
- Add the vinegar and cap or seal.