504 hrs 5 mins
This recipe is posted by request. Original recipe from "The Rodale Food Center".
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a 4 quart stainless or enamel pot crush the basil leaves.
- 2Add the cider vinegar.
- 3Bring to a boil over high heat.
- 4Remove from heat and add the cloves of garlic.
- 5Cover or place in a sterile container-again covered.
- 6Let stand two weeks.
- 7Strain vinegar into another sterile container and add the 1 cup basil.
- 8Let stand another week.
- 9Strain and add the red wine vinegar and water.
- 10Sterilize 3 1-quart jars-or as many pint jar/half pint jar combo's as you wish.
- 11Chop remaining basil and divide between choosen bottles.
- 12Add the vinegar and cap or seal.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Basil and Garlic Wine Vinegar
Serving Size: 1 (3015 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 188.0
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 44.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 1.4 g