Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
From "The Joy of Cooking"
Make and share this Basic Waffles recipe from Food.com.
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Whisk together in another bowl
- 3 large eggs, well beaten
- 4 -16 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- Make a wall in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the wet ingredients. Gently whisk together with a few swift strokes. The batter should have a pebbled look similar to a muffin batter.
- Add ¼ c dried fruit, ½ c chopped nuts, ½ c crumbled bacon, ½ c cheese, ¼ c grated chocolate.
- Spoon ½ c batter on the the hot iron, spread the batter to ¼ inch of the edge of the griddle.
I love waffles and these do not disappoint. I made 1/2 the recipe and ended up with 5 big, beautiful waffles. They were crisp, crunchy and tender, with a lovely flavor. These were so tasty when paired with french vanilla ice cream for dessert. We really enjoyed our waffle treats. Thank you so much for sharing your recipe. Made for Pac Spring Safari 2013.