Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
It's pie...for breakfast!
- 1 store-bought unbaked 9-inch pie shell
- 1 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup corn syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add cinnamon, cloves and salt; stir in corn syrup.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Stir in rolled oats and pour entire mixture into the pie shell.
- Bake for about 1 hour, or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
Easy! Great taste! I enjoyed my pie for breakfast! I doubled the amount of cinnamon and left out the cloves ~ Next time I will set my timer to check the pie at 45-50 minutes because my pie filling was over done and much drier than I prefer ~
We liked this, although I'm not sure I would serve it for breakfast again. It was almost like a pecan pie with an oatmeal top instead of pecans. The taste was very good. I would maybe serve this for dessert with a dollop of homemade whipped cream.