Top Review by glitter
This is a nice basic sauce for a variety of pastas. My first step however, was to brown the meat and drain any grease before I did the rest. Being that I cook alot of Italian food I added a combination of Italian spices to this and it was great. I even wrote this down for my son who just got his own place and first stove because I think it will be easy for him. Thanks
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 3⁄4 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 (28 ounce) can Italian plum tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet.
- Add onion; cook until softened, 4 minutes.
- Add mushrooms; cook until liquid evaporates, 5 minutes.
- Add beef; cook, breaking up clumps, until browned.
- Add wine; cook until wine evaporates.
- Add tomatoes with their liquid, water, salt and pepper; simmer uncovered, stirring occasionally until sauce thickens, about 15 minutes.
- Toss with cooked pasta of choice and serve.
- Sprinkle with freshly grated parmesan cheese at the table.