Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A very handy recipe!
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger-garlic paste, optional
- 1 pinch chili powder
- 1 pinch turmeric, powders
- 1 pinch asafoetida powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin, crushed roughly or powdered
- 1 teaspoon coriander, crushed roughly or powdered
- 1 teaspoon Urad Dal
- tamarind pulp or lime juice
- curry leaf
- Peel, chop and boil in the minimum water with salt any vegetables and use singly or in combination.
- Fry the onion till transparent.
- Add the ginger-garlic paste and fry.
- Put in the masalas and curry leaves and fry till the seeds splutter.
- Add in the cooked vegetables.
- Add tamarind/lime juice.
- Garnish with fresh grated coconut.