Recipe by L. Duch
This marinade is wonderful for any meat, but I use it on chicken then grill it. It's wonderful. The smell of the fish sauce is awful, but the end result is delicious.
Top Review by sanantonrealestate
I wanted to stir fry chicken, and this was perfect. I marinated chunks of chicken for about 1 1/2 hours, then dumped the whole thing into a hot skillet. I added water to make it loose. Served over fried rice. Very good.
- 3 stalks lemongrass, chopped, bottom white part only (yields 2/3 cup)
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce (optional)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons soya oil (I couldn't find this, so I used olive oil)
Directions See How It's Made
- Process lemon grass, garlic and chili sauce until it turns into a fine paste.
- Combine paste and all other ingredients and mix well.
- Marinade is ready to use after sitting for about 1 minutes.
- Recipe yields enough marinade for 1-2 pounds of meat.
- You can save the tops of the lemon grass to season soups and stocks or you can steep it with your tea to make lemon tea.
- Simply put in zip-lock bag and freeze until needed.