This is a nice basic cookie dough that you can expand upon as you wish. Very versatile. *for variation, add chocolate chips, shredded coconut, toffee chips, whatever suits your taste buds!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In large bowl, combine the first 5 ingredients and beat well.
- 2Stir in the next 3 ingredients, blend well.
- 3If using nuts, add them now.
- 4Divide dough into 3 equal parts and shape each part into a 1 1/2" diameter roll.
- 5Wrap the rolls in saran wrap and put in fridge until firm, at least 2 hours.
- 6At this point, you can do one of three things: Bake, freeze, or refrigerate.
- 7To bake: Cut dough into 1/4" slices and bake 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet at 425°F for 5-7 minutes, or until golden.
- 8Remove immediately from sheets and cool completely.
- 9To refrigerate:Leave in saran wrap and use within 2 weeks.
- 10To freeze: Leave in saran wrap and use within 6 weeks.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Basic Icebox Cookie Dough
Serving Size: 1 (1170 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 48.4
- Calories from Fat 19
- Total Fat 2.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 4.7 mg
- Sodium 51.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 0.5 g