Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Easy, basic, endless variations.
Make and share this Basic Chicken & Noodle Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 cup frozen peas or 1 cup other vegetables
- 1 cup cooked chopped chicken
- 2 cups egg noodles, cooked & drained
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon butter, melted
- Stir soup, milk, peas, chicken and noodles in 1.5 qt casserole.
- Bake at 400 for 20 min., stir.
- Mix bread crumbs and butter and sprinkle on top. Bake for 5 minute more.
I tried this recipe for dinner this evening and it was wonderful! Instead of peas, I used a cup of mixed vegetables, which is what I had on hand, and used a cup of shredded canned chicken breast. Who would think that such a basic simple recipe would taste so delicious. Thankyou for posting, this one is definitely a keeper!
Made for PAC Fall '09 Yummy!! I sauteed up some onion and garlic for it and threw in some diced zucchini as well. Also, I was out of cream of chicken soup, so I used cream of celery instead!