Recipe by Recipe Baroness
This recipe is so good and easy, I make lollipops for all the children of the barony. It's much cheaper than giving out store bought candy and you know there are no preservatives! Always a good thing as far as I'm concerned!
- 2 cups sugar
- 2⁄3 cup light corn syrup
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon flavoring, of your choice
- food coloring, of your choice
- powdered sugar (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the first three ingredients in a large saucepan.
- Stir over medium heat until all the sugar dissolves.
- Boil without stirring, until the temperature reaches 310 degrees on your candy thermometer, or until drops of syrup form hard, brittle threads in cold water. remove from the heat.
- After boiling has ceased, stir in the flavoring and coloring.
- Pour onto lightly greased cookie sheet or into preformed candy molds.
- Cool and break into pieces.
- Dust with powdered sugar, if desired.
- Store in air tight container.