- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped celery
- 1 (18 ounce) can tomato juice (2 1/4 cups)
- 1⁄2 cup water or 1⁄2 cup beer
- 1 -1 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup uncooked barley
Directions See How It's Made
- In 3-quart saucepan, cook and stir meat and onion until meat is brown and onion is tender.
- Drain off fat.
- Stir in remaining ingredients; heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer until barley is done and stew is desired consistency, about 1 hour.