- 6 large poblano peppers, sliced
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 1⁄2 lbs russet potatoes, unpeeled,cooked,cubed
- 2 cups cooked barley
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried cumin
- cayenne, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute peppers and onions in water or some stock, in a large nonstick skillet until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add potatoes; saute until browned, 5 to 8 minutes.
- Add barley to skillet; cook over medium heat until hot through, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Stir in cilantro and cumin.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.