1/1 Photo of Barley, Chicken and Mushroom Bake
1 hr 14 mins
1 hr 4 mins
Kiwi Kathy's Note:
I found this recipe on the bake of a Pam's Barley packet. Sounds interesting and should make an easy winter meal. April 2013: Have made this recipe now and while it is quick and easy, does require the addition of salt and pepper to taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- 2Heat oil in a pan, add onion, garlic and chicken pieces, fry for 3 - 4 minutes until onion is clear and chicken is browned.
- 3Add carrot, mushrooms, barley, tarragon and stock, stirring to combine.
- 4Transfer to a large oven dish, cover and bake for 1 hour until barley is tender.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Barley, Chicken and Mushroom Bake
Serving Size: 1 (286 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 474.8
- Calories from Fat 211
- Total Fat 23.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 95.6 mg
- Sodium 189.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.9 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 29.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: