1/2 Photos of Barefoot Contessa's Herb Potato Salad
I saw Ina make this on her Food Network television show. The episode was entitled "Flavors and Flowers". You can also use the small red potatoes or even Yukon Gold potatoes in place of the small white potatoes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs small white potatoes
- kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons good dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1Place the potatoes and 2 tablespoons salt in a large pot of water.
- 2Bring the water to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, until the potatoes are barely tender when pierced with a knife.
- 3Drain the potatoes in a colander, then place the colander with the potatoes over the empty pot off the heat and cover with a clean, dry kitchen towel.
- 4Leave the potatoes to steam for 15 to 20 minutes, until tender but firm.
- 5Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together the wine, chicken stock, lemon juice, garlic, mustard, 2 teaspoons salt and 3/4 teaspoon pepper.
- 6Slowly whisk in the olive oil to make an emulsion.
- 7Set aside.
- 8When the potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut them into quarters or halves, depending on their size.
- 9Place the cut potatoes in a large bowl and pour enough dressing over them to moisten. (As the salad sits, you may need to add more dressing.)
- 10Add the onion, tarragon and parsley, and salt and pepper to taste.
- 11Toss well, cover, and refrigerate for a few hours to allow the flavors to blend.
- 12Serve cold or at room temperature.
- 13**Cook time does not allow for the potatoes to "steam" for 20 minutes after boiling them or the few hours of refrigeration time.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Barefoot Contessa's Herb Potato Salad
Serving Size: 1 (276 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 403.5
- Calories from Fat 219
- Total Fat 24.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.1 mg
- Sodium 28.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 5.2 g