From Barefoot Contessa Family Style Cookbook, 2002.
Make and share this Barefoot Contessa's Chive Biscuits recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment.
- Add the butter and mix on low speed until the butter is the size of peas. (This is a very important step for light, fluffy biscuits.).
- With the mixer on low, add the half-and-half and beat until just mixed-do not over-mix.
- Add the chives and mix until just combined.
- Dump the dough out on a well-floured board and knead lightly into a rectangle 3/4 inch thick.
- Cut out rounds with a 2 1/2-inch round cutter and place on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper.
- Brush with the egg wash.
- Bake for 20 to 22 minutes, until the tops are browned and the insides are firm.
- Serve warm.