1/2 Photos of Barefoot Contessa's Chive Biscuits
From Barefoot Contessa Family Style Cookbook, 2002.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Combine the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment.
- 3Add the butter and mix on low speed until the butter is the size of peas. (This is a very important step for light, fluffy biscuits.).
- 4With the mixer on low, add the half-and-half and beat until just mixed-do not over-mix.
- 5Add the chives and mix until just combined.
- 6Dump the dough out on a well-floured board and knead lightly into a rectangle 3/4 inch thick.
- 7Cut out rounds with a 2 1/2-inch round cutter and place on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper.
- 8Brush with the egg wash.
- 9Bake for 20 to 22 minutes, until the tops are browned and the insides are firm.
- 10Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Barefoot Contessa's Chive Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (659 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 257.9
- Calories from Fat 135
- Total Fat 15.0 g
- Saturated Fat 9.1 g
- Cholesterol 65.3 mg
- Sodium 374.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 4.9 g