Recipe by Juenessa
From Barefoot Contessa Family Style Cookbook, 2002.
Top Review by hibajsinno
Marvelous biscuits. Easy to make. Cream keeps it moist & chives add to the favor. If the dough is sticky do not be afraid to add flour as needed. It will not affect the end result. I used it to as a topper to my "chicken Pot Pie". ENJOY
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 lb cold unsalted butter, diced
- 3⁄4 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh chives or 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley
- 1 egg, mixed with
- 1 tablespoon water, for egg wash
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment.
- Add the butter and mix on low speed until the butter is the size of peas. (This is a very important step for light, fluffy biscuits.).
- With the mixer on low, add the half-and-half and beat until just mixed-do not over-mix.
- Add the chives and mix until just combined.
- Dump the dough out on a well-floured board and knead lightly into a rectangle 3/4 inch thick.
- Cut out rounds with a 2 1/2-inch round cutter and place on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper.
- Brush with the egg wash.
- Bake for 20 to 22 minutes, until the tops are browned and the insides are firm.
- Serve warm.