I just watched Barefoot Contessa and she made a romantic breakfast for dinner for her husband. I have posted the other things she made which are Barefoot Contessa's Hash Browns - Ina Garten, Barefoot Contessa's Chocolate Dipped Strawberries, and Barefoot Contessa's Raspberry Champagne. She also made sausage links which I'm sure everyone knows how to cook in a pan ;>
- In a shallow dish large enough to hold three slices of challah side by side, whisk eggs and milk.
- Add orange zest, honey and vanilla.
- Add salt.
- Place three slices of the bread in the egg mixture and let soak about three minutes each side.
- Meanwhile melt one tbsp of butter and oil each in a large frying pan.
- Transfer challah to pan and cook 3 minutes on each side or until nicely browned.
- Add a little more butter for each round of bread.
- If you are making the other recipes transfer french toast to oven until rest of meal is complete.