1/9 Photos of Barefoot Contessa's Challah French Toast
I just watched Barefoot Contessa and she made a romantic breakfast for dinner for her husband. I have posted the other things she made which are Barefoot Contessa's Hash Browns - Ina Garten, Barefoot Contessa's Chocolate Dipped Strawberries, and Barefoot Contessa's Raspberry Champagne. She also made sausage links which I'm sure everyone knows how to cook in a pan ;>
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a shallow dish large enough to hold three slices of challah side by side, whisk eggs and milk.
- 2Add orange zest, honey and vanilla.
- 3Add salt.
- 4Place three slices of the bread in the egg mixture and let soak about three minutes each side.
- 5Meanwhile melt one tbsp of butter and oil each in a large frying pan.
- 6Transfer challah to pan and cook 3 minutes on each side or until nicely browned.
- 7Add a little more butter for each round of bread.
- 8If you are making the other recipes transfer french toast to oven until rest of meal is complete.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Barefoot Contessa's Challah French Toast
Serving Size: 1 (286 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 503.7
- Calories from Fat 155
- Total Fat 17.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 384.2 mg
- Sodium 738.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 11.7 g
- Protein 23.1 g