Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 35 mins
The most amazing roasted pork, ever!!! Well worth the time put into the roast. I've made this recipe a zillion times and have never changed a thing- soooo good, I just had to post it!
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, plus 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leave
- 1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 (3 lb) boneless pork loin, trimmed and tied
- 3 small fennel bulbs, tops removed
- 8 carrots, peeled, and thickly sliced diagonally
- 10 small potatoes, cut in quarters (red or white-skinned)
- 2 yellow onions, thickly sliced
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a food processor, combine garlic, 1 tablespoon salt, thyme leaves and mustard.
- Spread the mixture over the pork and allow it to sit at room temperature for at least 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, slice fennel bulbs into thick wedges.
- Toss the fennel, carrots, potatoes, and onions in olive oil, melted butter, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Place the vegetables in a large roasting pan and cook for 30 minutes.
- Place the pork loin on top of the roasted vegetables and continue to cook for another 30 to 50 minutes (or when a meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the loin reads 138 degrees.).
- Remove the meat from the pan and return the vegetables to the oven to keep cooking.
- Cover the meat with aluminum foil and allow it to rest for 15 minutes.
- Remove the strings from the meat and slice it thickly.
- Arrange the meat and vegetables on a platter.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste.
- Enjoy warm!