Luvs 2 Cook's Note:
I saw this Sunday morning and it looked yummy! I'm putting here for safe keeping. Show: Barefoot Contessa Episode: Italian Every Time
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs shrimp, in the shell, 12 to 15 count
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic (4 cloves)
- 1/4 cup minced shallot
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley leaves
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 extra-large egg yolk
- 2/3 cup panko breadcrumbs (Japanese dried bread flakes)
- lemon wedge, for serving
- 1Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- 2Peel, devein, and butterfly the shrimp, leaving the tails on.
- 3Place the shrimp in a mixing bowl and toss gently with the olive oil, wine, 2 teaspoons salt, and 1 teaspoon pepper. Allow to sit at room temperature while you make the butter and garlic mixture.
- 4In a small bowl, mash the softened butter with the garlic, shallots, parsley, rosemary, red pepper flakes, lemon zest, lemon juice, egg yolk, panko, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper until combined.
- 5Starting from the outer edge of a 14-inch oval gratin dish, arrange the shrimp in a single layer cut side down with the tails curling up and towards the center of the dish.
- 6Pour the remaining marinade over the shrimp.
- 7Spread the butter mixture evenly over the shrimp.
- 8Bake for 10 to 12 minutes until hot and bubbly.
- 9If you like the top browned, place under a broiler for 1 minute.
- 10Serve with lemon wedges.
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Barefoot Contessa's Baked Shrimp Scampi
Serving Size: 1 (221 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 440.8
- Calories from Fat 294
- Total Fat 32.7 g
- Saturated Fat 16.1 g
- Cholesterol 282.3 mg
- Sodium 950.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 23.2 g