Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Here is one of my recipes that is loaded with wonderful healthfull oat bran. It is moist, Not overly sweet, excellent for breakfast or with a fresh hot cup of coffee or tea. Try it, it will be one of your favorite Quick breads!! These can easily be made into muffins too.
- 1 1⁄4 cups oat bran
- 2 cups oat bran flour or 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 dash salt
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup prune baby food or 1⁄3 cup applesauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 4 bananas
- 1⁄2 cup chopped dates or 1⁄2 nuts (or combo of the two)
- Mix all the dry ingredients together.
- Set aside.
- Combine the oil and the brown sugar and the eggs.
- beat till smooth.
- Add mashed bananas, and the prune puree or apple sauce.
- Now mix in the flour mixture.
- Add the Dates or nuts.
- grease and flour a 9 x 5 bread pan.
- Pour in the batter.
- Bake 40 to 50 minutes or till done.
- Cool until lukewarm, then wrap in plastic wrap tightly and put in the refrigerator.
- Chill over night.
- Enjoy the next morning.
- Make sure the bread is tightly wrapped.
Am I blind, what's the tempature on this? Oh well I tried 350. Muffins turned out nicely after about 30 minutes. Bread still not done after 55 minutes... maybe try 375 next time. Pleasent banana taste. I made with 1/2 oat bran flour 1/2 bread flour. A touch too sweet and would have been even sweeter had my bananas been truelly ripe. Oats and bananas probably demand a touch of cinnamon. All in all very good, I will try again until I figure out the proper tempature. (Oat bran flour for those who don't know is just regular oat bran run through blender or food prosessor until a flour like texture)