Recipe by HEP MEP
I got this recipe from my "cousin-in-law" who is an excellent cook. It's a special meal - because it's a bit pricey, but well-worth it for a special occasion. I like having fresh asparagus on the side,and maybe some whole-grain dinner rolls.Best stroganoff ever! Thanks,Barb!
Top Review by Dib's
Hey Mepster-awsome recipe! I used a different cut of beef as that's what I had, butother than that I followed this recipe to a T. Slicing the mushrooms took a little time, and I froze the steak I had to help in slicing, but other than that it was a breeze. Loved the baking part as I could pull the rest of dinner together. This recipe is full of flavor with just the right amount of sauce. And yes, my kids busted me licking out the bowl! I will be making this for Michael when he comes home. Thanks for sharing this great recipe! Vegetarian note-I used tofu crumble and sliced portabello's, followed the recipe other than that, my Daughter is still eating!
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 lbs beef tenderloin, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 3⁄4 tablespoon salt
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can beef broth
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Kitchen Bouquet
- 1 package of extra-wide egg noodles or 1 package dumpling-style egg noodles
- 8 ounces sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt 2 tbls butter in a skillet,add onion,garlic,and mushrooms.
- Saute until onion is soft.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Melt remaining butter in a Dutch oven- add tenderloin pieces,and sprinkle with 3/4 tbl salt.
- Brown lightly and remove by slotted spoon to a 2 qt casserole dish.
- Stir flour into remaining juices from the beef,till thickened, then gradually stir in beef broth and sour cream.
- Cook and stir till thickened.
- Add the mushroom mixture,browned beef, Worchestershire sauce,and Kitchen Bouquet,and return to casserole.
- Baked uncovered, in a 350 degree oven for approximately 30 minutes- 45 if refrigerated,and baked later.
- Serve over warm noodles.