Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Although Australia loves creating fusion dishes using the best of ingredients and techniques from both East and West there is still a special affection for the barbeque. So here's a great, simple recipe that can cook right along with your chicken or whatever you're making on the grill. Or it works by itself as a light meal, especially if served with toast. The flavor is amazing and I don't generally like tomatoes outside a sauce. :D Posted for Zaar World Tour 05
- 4 large tomatoes
- salt and black pepper
- 4 large tinned anchovy fillets, drained
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped parsley
- olive oil
- Place a large piece of foil on a flat surface and season with the salt and pepper. Drizzle with a bit of oil if you're concerned about the tomatoes sticking.
- Halve the tomatoes.
- With the cut side up, place the tomatoes on the foil.
- Chopp the anchovies and combine with the parsley, a bit of pepper if you like or any other spices.
- Divide the chopped anchovies and parsley between each tomato and drizzle each with olive oil.
- Bring the edges of the foil up over the tomatoes and fold the edges together, sealing them together to make a parcel.
- Place over hot coals for 10-15 minutes or until just softened.
- Serve immediately.
I am one of the weird people who loves anchovies and have since I was a child. This was just sensational! These tomatoes were awesome!I added some dried french tarragon because it is delicious with tomatoes. Thanks Ami!Pottsie