Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Here's a serious barbecue, southern style. Pork slow-roasted until fork tender and piled on a soft roll to soak up the juices. Prepared barbecue sauce comes in a variety of flavors-hot, mild, sweet or spicy-choose your favorite for custom-tailored taste.
- Heat oven to 325°F.
- Sprinkle pork with salt and pepper.
- Heat a Dutch oven for 1 minute over medium-high heat.
- Brown pork on all sides, about 4 minutes per side.
- Add barbecue sauce to Dutch oven; cover and bake 1 ½ hours until pork is fork-tender.
- Transfer pork to cutting board.
- Slice into thin pieces.
- Return to Dutch oven and cook for 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Place rolls on serving plate.
- Divide pork mixture and spoon into each roll.
- Serve with coleslaw, if desired.
GREAT! So easy too! I made this in my crockpot on low for 10 hours. It turned out wonderful, and the meat was so tender! Thanks for the great idea!
Delicious! I liked how easy this recipe was to make. I used my cast iron dutch oven to make this in. It worked great. The aroma in the house while baking in the oven was wonderful. I thought I was in a smokehouse. LoL I used a mixture of Bulleyes Original BBQ sauce and Kraft Smoke Honey BBQ sauce. I also made Kfc Coleslaw Copycat Coleslaw to have along with the sandwiches and I made Soft Sandwich Buns (bread Machine) for the bread. We had a fabulous dinner! Thank you for sharing the recipe!