Recipe by momma213
This recipe was in my newspaper today and I can't wait to try it. I am putting it here for safe keeping and to share with everyone.
- 1 lb bacon, cut in 1-inch strips
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped onions
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups tangy ketchup
- 7 (15 1/2 ounce) cans green beans
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook bacon and onion together and drain. Mix together brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce and ketchup. Add this to the bacon mixture and simmer for 2 minutes. Place drained green beans in a 9 x 13 inch baking dish or a 2 ½ quart casserole. Pour sauce mixture over green beans and bake 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes.
- Note: If you have a hard time finding the Tangy Ketchup. Chili Sauce made by Heinz can be used.
- VARIATION: For 2 people: 4 pieces of bacon, ½ cup onion, ¼ cup brown sugar, 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce, ½ cup ketchup and 2 to 3 cans green beans.
- Prep time is approximate.