Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs 30 mins
I found this recipe in a church cookbook. It's a great side for cookouts, replacing the old standard baked beans.
- 1⁄2 lb bacon
- 1⁄2 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup catsup
- 1 cup brown sugar (light or dark)
- 4 (16 ounce) cans green beans, drained
- Saute bacon and onion. Drain. Add catsup and brown sugar and mix well.
- Place green beans in a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Pour sauce over green beans.
- Bake in a 350(F) degree oven for 3 1/2 hours.
Great recipe, The only change was I heated it in the microwave instead of the oven. I can't see why you would bake it for 3 1/2 hours.It turns bland green beans into something special. I served it with grilled pork chops and baked potatoes. It got rave reviews from everyone.